Monday, May 14, 2012

Beautifully Well Prepped


Piggybacking on my previous post, I wanted to show what beauty products I used to compliment my preppy look.

To compliment this preppy outfit I posted previously...

Kate Spade Skirt
J.Crew Top

I went with a juicy pink lip. I found that the products I used were sheer enough and delivered just the right amount of glossy color to not compete with the outfit, but compliment it. 

Revlon lip butter in 090-Sweet Tart
Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate

I am pretty sure I have mentioned in several posts far back about how lovely the Korres lip butters are. They are soft and moisturizing and now so much better that I don't have to dig my finger into the pot! I used a bit of this later on in the day, but I started off the day by applying the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart lightly to the bottom lip and then blending it with my fingers to give a soft wash of color. For a high-end makeup snob, I must say these Revlon Lip Butter's really do live up to the hype they are getting online. They are lovely! My only qualm is that I think you need to apply them to well moisturized, and exfoliated, lips. One would think the "butter" part of the name would mean them to be super moisturizing, but I didn't really find that. They are not drying by any means, but I think they have the tendency to go gloppy in certain places on the lips if your lips aren't exfoliated or moisturized first. So I used the "Mint Julip" lip scrub by Lush and let a lip balm set on my lips while I did the rest of my makeup, and it turned out great! 


This isn't artistic as much as it is an awkward picture. Hah! I had forgotten all I learned in my photography class in art school, but it is coming back to me, slowly obviously. This is the Revlon lip butter lightly applied on my lips with a very light hand. Sunglasses are the "Noir Catwalk" sunglasses by Miu Miu in the tortoise and blue combination. My favorite sunglasses this season for sure. They aren't super easy to find, I got mine at a Miu Miu store a long time ago, but you can get them at Saks here

Which lip butter color is your favorite? Which one should I get next? 




No comments: