Monday, April 23, 2012

Well Prepped

Over the weekend, before the weather reverted back to the rainy cold we are experiencing today, I was able to bask in the sunshine walking myself around the city. Note to self, it is very hard to get run-of-the-mill errands done when you live smack dab in the middle of the shopping center of the city you live in. I went to the bank for a deposit and somehow came back with less money. Hmmm...

Zara, I think you have something to do with it.


As a stylist, or perhaps as a crazy person, I wake up and a mood strikes me as to what "look" or facet of my personality I want to play that day. I was in a preppy mood that day, and so venturing into the Zara on Walnut street had me immune until the sweet print, pleats and peter pan collar of this number had me sold.  The dress itself also comes with a ribbon belt, although I recommend if you get it to throw that away (it is flimsy looking) and add your own black belt. It will elevate the whole dress and make it look more expensive. I am also now on the hunt for a clutch or pair of pumps in that lovely blue to add a punch of color to the outfit. 

The outfit of the day that I was wearing when I was experiencing temporary amnesia and bypassing my bank and pharmacy for Zara and Anthropologie, was equally as expressive to the preppy side of me. 

Kate Spade Skirt
J.Crew top -link here

Black, navy and white horizontal stripes in a surprisingly flattering silhouette were popped with a bright burst of color in a very comfy knit top from J.Crew. Perfectly preppy, if I do say so myself! 

No comments: