Monday, April 16, 2012

Dressing Successfully

For those who want to see what I wore to the Women Who Rock event for Dress For Success, here it is. Clearer, more artful and less terrible mirror-y pictures of OOTD's in the future, promise.

Dress-Max Mara
 Coat-Zara
Watch-Cartier, small "Santos Demoiselle" in stainless
Bracelet-Hermes Narrow "Cic H" in white
Shoes (not shown)-Christian Louboutin "You You 100" in nude
Bag (not shown)-Givenchy
The real standout of this outfit is perhaps one of the more simple of my purchases for this spring and summer. While espousing my love of neons, pastels and overall "color, color, color", the simple black dress by Max Mara proves to me that no matter what color is in, black will always be in, or back, depending on how you look at it. 

You can look at the full dress and shop for it here

Looking at this dress, I had to have it. Cinched by a neutral brown belt that accents the whisper of brown patina and texture on the beautiful pieces' sharp pleats, I am smitten, and also now have a dress that is so classically gorgeous that I will be able to wear it for years to come. Talk about successful dressing! 

No comments: