Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Favorite Things: Best. Margarita. Ever



I had to dedicate a separate post to the particular blend of deliciousness that was the Mango Margarita at Turquesa, Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain. I don't even like tequila, and the even more pathetic attempts many resorts or places outside of the Southwest or Mexico to pass off some pathetic libation as a frozen margarita makes me often really dislike tequila. That being said, the margaritas at the Ritz will change your mind.


The original ones at this resort are good too, in fact the mango margarita is just an original frozen one swirled with mango puree, but the combo of its viscosity and thickness, not watery or melted, but thick, sweet and delicious, make it a combo that literally has me salivating like some Pavlovian dog over here. I have been classically conditioned through my love of the mango margarita.


Even if you don't like tequila, or you don't like mango, get the original, but you must try one (I like frozen, most likely due to the fact I like anything that resembles a slushie..and brings back fond memories of slushies during summer in childhood) It will change your life.



The equally yummy Grilled Mahi-Mahi Fish Tacos that went with said Margarita




I will take a break to highlight the above picture and how yummy these fish tacos were. I have never had fish tacos, as I was never a Mexican food fan in my youth. But let me tell you, these were GOOD.


There are so many places I want to see, so going back to a place multiple times isn't always in my cards, but I would go back to this place just to get another fix of these things. Seriously, the guy asked me if I liked it during lunch and I told him the only way I would be happier is if they wheeled on over an IV stand and bag and just poured that mango deliciousness straight in. Try one...and thank me later. xoxo

No comments: