Monday, January 18, 2010

My Favorite Things:MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel



I wanted to title this post...Dear Dr. Gross..How I love you...let me count the ways...

I am so fickle with products, and attracted to shiny, new things like a 3-year old, it takes a lot to make "my favorite things"..which are all-time favorite products or things that seriously impacted my life for the better. This thing is one that changed my skin for the better...in a way no other product has done...ever.

First off, let's talk about how annoying and not-so-great my skin is. I have oily, acne-prone skin with very enlarged, congested pores all over, especially in the nose, chin and T-zone area. A majority of products break me out or do nothing for me. My pores are so enlarged and congested, sometimes it frustrates me to no end. I have tried just about everything, including other AHA and BHA products to help me, and nothing has shown any discernible difference...until I started using these MD skincare peel pads.

I tried one pad on a whim, as it was a sample given in a Neiman's beauty order many, many months ago. I was bored and frustrated with my skin and decided to give the peel a whirl. It is a two step system in which you swipe one pad on your skin (the one with AHA and BHA for exfoliating) ...wait 2 minutes..and then wipe the other pad on your skin (the neutralizing and soothing one with retinal) My skin felt like a baby's butt after this. It was smooth and glowing. Now I can't say it helped my acne or pores after this, but it was so lovely it made me order right on the spot.

I am now two months into the system, and I can say it has shown actual positive results for my skin, acne, post-acne scarring, and pore size/congestion. It took a little while, and I did experience purging, at first (I broke out and had almost worse pore congestion than before in the beginning, so don't freak out if you are doing this regime too..it does get better!) but it was all worth it. My acne is more under control (I don't have that much to begin with but I find I break out less), one particular acne scar I have is actually disappearing (nothing would make it go away!) and most of all my pore size and pore congestion has decreased greatly. I couldn't be more happy with a product, and haven't been at any point in my life. (I'll take a pic of my shelf of stuff I have tried if I'm brave to show you just how much crap I use and have tried)

The system is expensive, I buy the 60 day supply for $128 from either mdskincare.com or skincarerx.com (both great sites with great customer service) The 30 day supply is around $78. It is worth that money and more. If you have ever had a problem with acne, scarring or pores in your life you know what I mean, and I really recommend trying this because it might really help. Try going to a place like Sephora and seeing if they can give you one of the travel packs as a sample. I think you will see how lovely it is after one try. Then if you buy, give it time and I really think you will see a difference.

Another thing to note is that although I am still in my 20s, and not overly concerned with aging, if you do have that concern the acid in the peels and the retinol are also supposed to help with fine lines and wrinkles, as well as thinking to stimulate collegen production (what keeps skin supple and firm)..so I see it as a good all-around product for all ages!

The image is from skincarerx.com..a great website. Good service, product selection and they have sales and promotions all the time. Sign up for their emails, and you get lots of promos and chances to save! Xoxo

No comments: